Penetration testing also called “pen testing” is a granted attack on computer systems, network or Web application to find vulnerabilities that a hacker could exploit.
Pen tests can be done automatically with the help of some software applications or manually. Pre-attack phase consists gathering some information regarding of the target, identifying possible entry points, attempting to compromise and break in and lastly report back the findings.
The highest objective of penetration testing is to determine weaknesses in the security. A penetration test can also be effective to an organization’s security policy, its employee’s security awareness and the ability to identify threats and respond quickly.
Penetration tests are also sometimes called “white hat attacks” as it is done by the good guys.
BENEFITS OF PENETRATION TESTING
– Exposes a number of vulnerabilities
– Shows you the real risk of vulnerabilities
– Checks your cyber-defense ability
– Offers a third party professional view
WHY A PENETRATION TEST?
– Find vulnerabilities before hackers do
– Find data leaking and prevention of data loss
– Reduce client-end attacks
– Avoid costly network downtime
– Protection of the company’s reputation and customer loyalty
Worried about your security? Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need more information.